Thank you to the amazing littlesims2chick, writer of Perfection, and MrsOogieBoogie aka Simcomix of The Insane Dubois Legacy for nominating me for this award. I’ve never been awarded anything before. Thank you both very much!
Edit to add:
Some more edits!
I am feeling extremely overwhelmed here! Thank you all so much!
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Sandybeachgirl for Listening to My Heart
ValoisFulcanelli for The Madness of Mr. Goth
lilyparkersims for Jill’s 100 Baby Challenge
MoonlightandSims for A Pair of Brown Eyes
lovesstorms for The Ramsey Wishacy
goatkibble for Debit Family
Spladoum for A One Time Thing
littlesims2chick’s questions are as follows:
1] In everyday life, how often do you find yourself thinking about your story or your characters (when you’re not working on it)?
Oh, all the time! When I’m on my way to work, especially. I guess I write best in the mornings when my brain is still half-asleep!
2] How did you come up with your idea to start your story/legacy? Was it something you wanted to do for a while, or did it just come to you out of the blue?
Very out of the blue. A friend made Antonio for me and I thought I’d write her a little love story. Didn’t even know there was a whole community until later. Much later.
3] What’s your process in bringing in new characters? How do you choose their traits and their personality?
Most of my characters are random CAS experiments. I do most of my characterizations in CAS. Take Matias King for example. I had no idea he was going to be important later on. I just created his family for random gameplay. Then his dad’s traits were iffy at best (random roll) and his lifetime wish was to be a criminal mastermind. I created a little bio for him and his wife. Once I started Gen 3, his family popped into my head and I thought… ah-ha!
4] What’s your favorite view to write? First, Second, or Third person?
Third. Mostly because it allows me to shift in and out very easily. I can do first person pretty well, but only in short bursts.
5] What are your favorite worlds to play in?
hmmm, I like Moonlight Falls because of the mountains but I default a lot to Sunlit Tides. Mostly for gameplay saves. It’s just more relaxing and calm. For family creation (siblings, grandparents, aunt, uncles – I like Evansdale.
6] What are your favorite types of stories to read? What interests you the most?
I like one-off stories. They can go on forever because you’re not required to move on to other generations. I tend towards the darker stories as well. The ones that ask me to root for the bad guy, even if he/she doesn’t deserve it.
7] Which character in your story can you say you relate to the most?
Rae. That feeling of being unable to trust someone completely because of past experiences but nevertheless allowing someone to hold your heart because you know the best things in life are worth fighting for.
8] What are the five traits that worst describe you?
Neat, Green Thumb, Rebellious, Genius, Natural Cook (is that one of the traits?)
9] If you could go back and change how you wrote your story, so that it would’ve gone in a completely different direction, would you? Why/Why not?
No. I can’t imagine my characters letting me get away with something like that. I’d never be able to pick up a pen again. Pure silence.
10] Does your style of clothing ever come through in your characters? Or do you dress them how you think they themselves would dress?
My Sims always end up looking preppy. I don’t know why, I certainly don’t dress that way. I do try to dress them as themselves though. Aaliyah is understated but classy. Dre is very minimal and casual, Tony is buttoned up and dark. Eva loves color. I don’t know. I try.
11] What is something in game that your Sim does to others that you wish you could do in real life? No consequences or repercussions?
Tony is very blunt. He just can’t see the need for pretense and hates small talk. I wish I could be more like that. But part of my job is customer service. I couldn’t get away with something like that. Nope!
“Daddy, fix it!” Gracie said, holding on to Kieran’s hand tightly.“I’m trying, Gracie. Just give me a minute.” Tony and Riley were bent over the elevator’s fuse box, working on the wiring.“Please, please fix it. I don’t like it in here.”Gracie’s sobs grew louder and Kieran bent down to whisper in the little girl’s ear. “It will be alright, Gracie. Your daddy is trying but we need you to calm down.”“No! I want to get out. Now!”Riley stood up and walked over to her. “Grace, stop crying, sweetheart. It will be okay.” He reached for her but she pulled back, holding on tighter to Kieran’s hand. Sighing, Riley went back to the fuse box.Gracie’s sobs continued and Kieran could do nothing but hold her and let her cry. He thought Lorde was coming over to do the same thing but was shocked when she instead smack his cousin.“Stop whining. You are not helping the situation. You are not a small child anymore.”All three men stared at her in shock. But Riley was the first to recover.“Don’t you ever lay a hand on my children again!” He pushed past her and scooped Gracie up into his arms.Kieran grabbed Lorde and pulled her to a corner. “What the hell were you thinking?”“The little brat stopped crying didn’t she?” Her lips pressed into a grime line as his hands tightened on her wrist. “You can let go of me now. And for your information, I’m claustrophobic. Something you would have known if you’d bothered to ask me how I was doing.”Before Kieran could say anything, there was a slight ping and the elevator lurched back into motion. Pulling away from him, Lorde went to stand by the doors. Ready to make her escape as soon as possible.
1) What scene in your story caused the most controversy among your readers?
I don’t think that’s happened yet. I have caused some distress though. Usually when someone dies unexpectedly.
2) Where do you find inspiration for story lines?
Books, TV shows, movies, other stories. I tuck pieces of information away and then they just sort of come back when I need them.
3) Do you have any other story ideas brewing besides the blogs you’re currently publishing?
No. I’m very focused on this legacy. I have several stories about Sims that haven’t been born yet lol but it’s all in the same theme and storyline.
4) What is your favorite type of scene to write?
Breakups and angsty scenes. I am an evil, evil, goddess. Also, lead ups to sex scenes, although I rarely publish those. I find that my characters are vulnerable in ways that really help me understand them more.
To clarify, not the sex itself because I’m still super awkward with that but those intimate moments right before… yeah. I learn their weaknesses and then I CRUSH them! MWHAHAHAHA
5) Do you think your story would be any different if you didn’t use The Sims to illustrate it? Does it help you or constrain you?
A little bit. The pictures tend to reign me back when I start to overdo a scene. There are certain things I cannot show and so I have to rework the wording to fit the images. My writing would be a lot more descriptive if I didn’t have pictures.
6) What types of stories do you like to read (books, blogs, etc.)?
Books, blogs. My attention span is on par with a 3 year-olds right now so I’m big on tumblr these days.
7) Have you ever received any great writing advice that you’d like to pass along? Or, do you have advice of your own to share?
Write for yourself. If you do, then your work will only ever get better. Don’t rely on other people to make plot decisions for you. Everything would always end up happily-ever-after. And where’s the fun in that?
8) If you were to spot one of your male characters across the room without knowing anything about him, which one would be most likely to catch your eye, and why? (No one is off limits. Assume you’re both single and that he’s straight and of the appropriate age for you. I’m not leaving out all those hot gay guys in your blogs. They’re fair game for the purposes of this question. And, if your favorite is a teenager, assume you’re one, too.)
I want to say Connor because he was specifically made to be a spouse. All the others were sort of lying around and I said, “I choose you!” But Connor was engineered. However, if I was looking around a room and saw all my Sim men walking around, Matias King would stand out. Yeah, gimme some Matt!
9) Repeat of question 8, but please choose a male character from any blog you read, and you can factor in his personality this time. (Make me fall in love with another character!)
Dylan from goatkibble’s Debit Family. OMG… there is just something about him that calls to me! Yup. Dylan. And Rocker!Valois from The Madness of Mr. Goth. hmmm…YAAASSSS
10) How long have you been playing The Sims?
4 years now according to the sims website. Lord!
11) Have you written from both male and female points of view? If so, which do you prefer, and why?
Yes, I have. Male. Definitely male. I tend to make the females whiny. ::eyeroll:: I have to work on that.
1. How would you achieve world peace? (yes I’m laughing as I type that LOL)
0.o iono… Umm, start all over.
2. Vanilla game or CC user? Why?
CC user. I’ve been shifting over ever since EA stopped adding new content. It’s more stable now.
3. Do you prefer to make your own sims for your stories or use sims made by friends?
I tend to make my own but none of my heirs are really just mine. Antonio was made for me by someone else. So really, she and I co-founded everyone!
4. Do you ever think you’ll stop writing sim stories, or playing the game?
Probably. Once my computer can’t handle the game anymore or I lose my inspiration. Hopefully, that won’t happen for a while yet.
5. Have you ever had your story veer off course from what you originally planned?
Oh yes. From Gen 1! Supernatural came out and all of a sudden, it went from a simple Legacy Story to this weird Supernatural/thriller/crime thing. I just go with the flow.
6. If you were a sim, what would be your traits?
Bookworm, socially awkward, artistic (for my mad writing skills), dramatic, nerd
7. What is your favorite sims EP?
Generations. Love family-centric stuff
8. What is your least favorite EP?
Showtime. I have yet to really use that EP.
9. If you were stranded on an island, what (or who) would you want with you?
The Castle from Beauty and the Beast. Including all the talking appliances. Sans Belle and the Beast.
10. How long do you spend writing or rewriting a chapter before you publish it?
Anywhere from 2 days to a month. I’m either really inspired or it takes forever.
11. What is the 1 store set that EA created that you can’t do without?
The compilation that had the kids bedrooms. Love that set!
I have room in my heart for a lot of people. For you, my family, my friends, and for Franco. But you are the only one I have room for in my soul.
2) Do you use the sims as a basis for your stories or do you use it to illustrate the story?
3) Do you ever base your characters off of real people you know?
4) Do you plot out your stories from start to finish? or are you a seat of the pants writer? Writing what comes to mind without any plot?
5) What is your favorite character you have ever written?
6) Which sims game do you like best? 1,2,3 or 4?
7) Do you have a favorite town you like to use for your stories?
8) Which POV do you prefer to write in?
9) Do you write out character profiles? If you do, do you do it before or after you’ve started writing for that character?
10) Where do you come up with the names you use for your characters?
11) Do you have a set schedule to write?